The BloodList team is now offering a unique screenplay evaluation service, specializing in the darkest, and most terrifying scripts in feature film and TV formats. Ready to take your screenplay to the next level and make it industry-ready for submission to writing labs, fellowships, competitions and production companies?
All screenplays that score 8.7 or better in our 10-point scoring system will automatically be considered for inclusion on next year’s Fresh Blood section of #BloodList, Hollywood’s annual ranking of the best unproduced dark-genre screenplays.
PLEASE READ: This is not a submission to be on the annual BloodList. This is an evaluation system for your screenplay, done by professional readers who love the horror genre.
1. Blood Notes (the “Service”) is a joint venture operated in partnership between The Blood List and Coverfly, a California limited liability company, (together, “the Partners”).
2. By accepting these Terms of Service (the “Terms”) or using the Service, you (the “User”) are agreeing to a contract and binding yourself to it with a virtual signature that is valid in the court of law.
3. The Partners make no claim to the User’s work (the “Work”). The User’s submission gives the Partners and the Partners’ professional analysts (the “Reader” or “Readers”) the right to read and critique the User’s Work, but gives the Partners no right or ownership of any ideas, characters, plot, themes, tones, settings, etc.
4. It is the User’s responsibility to correctly identify the Service package type and the page count so that the correct cost is calculated. Any discrepancies will be the sole responsibility of the User and not that of the Partners.
5. The Partners will never distribute any of the User’s Work, whole or in part, to any third party without the User’s prior consent.
6. The Partners are not responsible for maintaining your Work, whole or in part. The User must retain a master copy of any PDF or editing file of the Work submitted to the Partners.
7. The Partners’ turn-around time for the Service is a goal but not a guarantee, and failure to meet the deadline does not warrant a refund. The Service provided by the Partners is not considered invalid or incomplete because of a delay for any reason. You will be notified if a delay might happen ahead of time.
8. The User expressly understands and agrees that the Partners and its employees, partners, and any other related entity shall not be liable for any indirect or direct, tangible or intangible losses or damages resulting from any use of the Service or inability to use the Service, costs, real or opportunity, or any matters whatsoever relating to the Service.
9. The User acknowledges that the Partners regularly receive submissions of ideas, characters, plot, themes, tones, settings, etc., and many of these submissions that have been received to date and will be received in the future will be similar to the User’s Work in ideas, characters, plot, themes, tones, settings, etc. The User therefore will not hold the Partners or any Readers, employees, sponsors or other related agents responsible for any similar or identical work that may or may not come to fruition before, during, or after the analysis of the User’s Work from any venue or in any form.
10. The User acknowledges that no verbal, secret, or confidential relationship exists between the User and the Partners. No such arrangement would nullify any points of these Terms.
11. The Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and the State of California, without giving effect to conflicts-of-law principles thereof. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Los Angeles County in the State of California with respect to any legal proceedings that may arise in connection with the Service or from a dispute as to the interpretation or breach of the Terms. YOU HEREBY WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL IN ANY COURT ACTION ARISING BETWEEN US, WHETHER UNDER THESE TERMS OR OTHERWISE RELATED TO THE SERVICE, AND WHETHER MADE BY CLAIM, COUNTERCLAIM, THIRD PARTY CLAIM OR OTHERWISE.
12. This service is void where prohibited.
13. BloodNotes is a paid consultation service, and is not connected to the annual BloodList.
14. The Partners reserve the right to amend these Terms at any time for any reason whatsoever. The latest Terms are always accessible online at http://22.214.171.124/tos or by emailing email@example.com